Thursday, August 5, 2010

How Long Does A Fibroid Take

Moses Wintering

Since I am by no means neutral and objective reviews to try, but to write down here only for my own pleasure and to my own forgetfulness - I read a lot, and I often do after a few years not even remember exactly what - here's a emotional statement:

Thank you dear, Kate Moses, that you gave me back Sylvia Plath!

I read and read great poems SPs since teenage days (and am still of the opinion that they are among the best that has produced the 20th century in poetry). Also, SPs life has always fascinated me - a young, highly intelligent Woman, failing to their excessive demands on themselves and life, and harm, radical in their suicide attempts, the last one was fatal, with only 30 years.

But then I started 1-2 years SPs diaries and got a different picture of her that disturbed me, the one often so bitter nerd who was looking for "Mr. Right", self-centered and extremely petty. What a pity, I thought even then that her (ex-) husband, Ted Hughes just the diaries of her last months in which she wrote many of her best poems, destroyed after her death.

This gap is filled now Kate Moses a little. Along the facts, if known, They invented this new time, with flashbacks to other formative moments of SPs recent years. She does it with fairness - even Ted Hughes opposite - with love and empathy of the difficult and often endearing poet compared with a grandiose language that reflects the SP's wonderful (although I read sometimes wish if my limited knowledge of English, I would have a dictionary handy).

And I gave the book to look back freely on the great poet Sylvia Plath.

Thanks!


***** (five out of five)


long Detect cs> en Yahoo C error
modest

0 comments:

Post a Comment