Sunday, October 17, 2010

Cat Has Ulcer On His Gums

Neal Stephenson - Anathem

If someone like complicated books and a little bit of
1) understand physics (not much - it's enough if you know what a parallel universe ) can recognize
2) Philosophical ideas (Plato's Cave / world of ideas, Occam's razor)

And also like scifi reading (spec-fic;)), which is anathema like.

If anybody to get without these conditions to the book, I put it to me then but remains rather difficult, especially if you read it in English.

I do not know how is the German translation, but I try to play what I mean:

you, reader, now have access to the conditions I here with my Grammatk device into lattice feed. The problem is that you are not the same situation as I process, so your assumptions about the "over- what " probably do not agree with it "-about what" I wants to write, so you, reader, take this sentence can not.

I can describe very bad.
I'm not a writer.
After a while one understands but Stephenson - like something a computer can "understand" if it uses only information but do not know what "meaning" behind it? As trade with one another alien civilization information if the legend is based "reality" is fundamentally different? What is "reality" at all? Just something that is constructed on a "computer" process in our mind from the sensory data? Distinguishes us something about a computer?

And precisely because of the built by Stephenson Language barrier is clear that words are insignificant once we understand what is meant.

The difficulty is therefore quite high, as one notices you. Unfortunately
suffered the voltage curve and flow of my reading a bit from the complexity, so I must deduct a point. What is probably because of me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment