Sunday, February 13, 2011

Can You Swim In Cuba In February

review to 'Red Riding Hood "by Sarah Blakley-Cartwright


"Then came a fearful silence, a feverish sleep. Finally she could stand it no more and slowly raised his head to look at Flora."
Each month the residents Daggerhorns sacrifice an animal in order to placate the wolf. But one day, a young girl found dead, torn apart by wolves. It is Lucie, Valerie's sister. From then on, it seems the wolf to steal from the remaining sister. Who is the wolf? And what about Peter, who after years reappears in the village has to do with it?
I love books, which are interwoven with fairy stood clear to me that I had to get me this book. But unfortunately I could Red Riding Hood "is not really convincing. At first I was not warm to the story. I could not identify with the main character and the writing style and Valerie told me to in any way, because it was too simple and the author of a situation to the next rushed, without having to describe the events in detail. In the second part of the book, however, clearly took on momentum, especially at the show which father and the Solomons Scenes with the wolf lying. Sarah Blakley-Cartwright was able to describe these scenes masterfully, so I got goose bumps while reading. From there the story was more exciting and pulled me deeper and deeper into a whirlpool that forced me to put that book not out of hand. After that, the story is consistently good, but only until the end. This leaves the reader back totally unsatisfied, since the identity of the wolf is only hinted at, and it generally remains an open end. Because I initially had problems to enter in the book and I did not even promised the end, you get "Red Riding Hood" to me a good three hearts. Now I'm curious about the film, which, in March to see in theaters is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment