Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mario Salieri See Online

review of "Darwin and the gods of Discworld "by Terry Pratchett


are again the wizards of Unseen University facing a huge task: to engage in significant events of the world and ensure that Darwin's "Origin of Species" written and thus mankind retttet from extinction. But someone is not satisfied with their plan and tried everything to prevent this ....
"Darwin and the gods of Discworld" is the first work of Terry Pratchett, that I did not like. This was due not to the author himself, but to the scientific comments of Ian Stewart and Jack Cohen. These topics like time travel, relativity theory and the number of infinity, all subjects that interest me in any way. However, there were also chapters on Darwin's life and his theory of evolution, which I found very interesting. I was also disturbed that these scientific comments constituted the bulk of the book and also on average much longer than were Pratchett chapter. Other hand, I have Pratchett's chapter were particularly impressive. I just love Pratchett's wit and the way he writes. Nevertheless, there are only three of my heart, I I had to occasionally struggle through the book and I do not like the scientific comments were for the most part.

0 comments:

Post a Comment